Heart Disease Prevention
Lifestyle Medicine Program
Empowering your health through Lifestyle Medicine
Goal: To achieve optimal health and well-being through a full body approach to better living.
Prior to incorporating lifestyle medicine into your daily living, you will receive the benefit of a thorough cardiac evaluation. This will enable us to customize a program to your individual needs. Insurances cover most of the cost for this testing, with minimum out of pocket expense.
- Cardiac Consultation with a board-certified cardiologist who specializes in lifestyle medicine with an emphasis on plant-based diets.
- A thorough examination so we can better customize your heart healthy program which may include:
- Cardiac stress testing
- Cholesterol, blood glucose monitoring
Transitioning into a plant-based, total body focused lifestyle. This is the beginning of a new healthier you, focus on weight reduction, and reduction of medication dependence while feeling energized. Over several weeks you will be targeting nutrition, physical activity, and stress reduction. You will receive dietary/nutritional information regarding whole food, plant-based diet, assistance with meal planning and lessons on how to read food labels. Stress management, reduction techniques, and meditation will be discussed. A lifestyle medicine consultation with Dr. Campbell to discuss your individual, customized health plan, based on your physical exam, blood test, and cardiac evaluation.
Step 2 at a glance:
- Lifestyle medicine consults with Dr. Campbell to go over your customized plan of care.
- Weekly weight/BP monitoring
- Nutritional information, meal planning, reading food labels
- Stress management, meditation, and stress reduction techniques
- Easy ways to increase physical activity
You will be healthier, feel more energized through dietary changes, specifically following a low-fat, whole foods, plant-based diet while avoiding animal products, oils, refined and processed foods and lifestyle changes such as regular exercise, meditation or stress reduction.
You can look forward to:
- Reversal of chronic diseases such as heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, cancer, stroke, arthritis, and fibromyalgia.
- Gradual and progressive weight-loss without feeling hunger or deprived.
- Gradual elimination of medications.
- Increased energy level and overall well-being.
- Money savings in food, medications, and healthcare cost.
Change is becoming a habit. Keep up the hard work and follow up with us to see the inward changes lifestyle medicine has made in your health. We will do follow-up checks on cholesterol, blood glucose, weight, and blood pressure to see if any medications may need to be adjusted or even discontinued.
- Follow-up blood test
- Continued access to our healthcare team
- Follow-up evaluation with Dr. Anh Campbell